Elder Scrolls Online is among the best pure MMOs currently available on Xbox One, and today, ESO received its first DLC.
The nefarious Daedric Prince Molag Bal has overthrown Imperial City, the heart of Cyrodiil, famed for its part in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. ESO is comprised of three player factions, and each will vie for control over the Cyrodiilic Empire's capital city.
Bethesda describes Imperial City's features as such:
..."Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, the first DLC game pack for the largest Elder Scrolls game ever created is packed with new content. Featuring new areas, quests, enemies, and exclusive items, Imperial City adds hours of additional gameplay for players adventuring through Tamriel on their own, in small groups, or with hundreds of others:"...
- New PVE and PVP Content: Featuring six distinct Imperial Districts, battle against the forces of Molag Bal as well as the other Alliances.
- Additional Dungeons: The extensive Imperial Sewers network offers new PVP and PVE challenges for small groups of adventurers, while White-Gold Tower and Imperial Prison challenge PVE adventurers with both Normal and Veteran difficulties.
- New Quests, Enemies, and Characters: Whether participating in massive PVP battles in the Imperial Districts or adventuring in one of the new dungeons, players will be introduced to new quests and enemies, including the Xivkyn.
- Additional Weapons, Armour, and Currency: Fight the forces of Molag Bal to plunder Tel Var Stones, a new form of currency you can use for exclusive Veteran Rank 16 weapons and armor, or search for new Treasure Vaults containing other rare finds.
- Imperial City-Exclusive Collectibles and Items: Exploring Imperial City or visiting the Crown Store will reward the player with a host of new collectibles including pets, mounts, costumes, and polymorphs!
Imperial City is available for free if you have an Elder Scrolls Online subscription. Otherwise, you're looking at 2500 Crowns of in-game currency. You can purchase 3000 Crowns for £14.99, leaving you with 500 to purchase convenience items or cosmetic goods from the in-game store.
If you haven't given ESO a try, it's currently on sale for Xbox Live Gold subscribers, at 33% off.
Are you still playing ESO? Let us know below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.