Team17 have announced plans to develop and publish The Escapists 2 sometime in 2017 for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The sequel to the popular prison breakout RPG will feature multiplayer support for the first time.
Here's what players can expect from the sequel, according to Team17:
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes!
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style.
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level including the option to play as a male or female escapist! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours…
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated.
The original Escapists game is currently available for the PC (via Steam) along with the Xbox 360 and Xbox One (opens in new tab) for $19.99. In 2015, Team17 released a stand-alone game, The Escapists: The Walking Dead (based on the comic book) that is also available on Steam, Xbox 360 and Xbox One (opens in new tab) for $19.99. In May 2016 it was joined by a Windows 10 version (opens in new tab) in the Windows Store. We have contacted Team17 to see if they plan to release The Escapists 2 to Windows 10 as well, perhaps as a Xbox Play Anywhere title.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
2017 will be a busy year. Good...
Escapists is free this month with gold. Ithink on 16 October Both xbox one titles that are free this month have sequels coming in 2017 Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.