Update: Now available!
The Escapists: The Walking Dead, an awesome mashup of the hit indie game and everyone's favorite apocalyptic TV series and comic, is now available on the Windows Store for Windows 10. And if you happen to be a fan of either The Escapists or The Walking Dead, there's plenty to like here.
If you're familiar with The Walking Dead, you'll know what to expect with the story with this release. However, where things get interesting is with the 8-bit pixel art style of The Escapists. As you play through the game, you'll control a pixelated Rick Grimes as you work to survive with the rest of the group, including Maggie, Glenn and Michonne.
Here's more of what you can look forward to with The Escapists: The Walking Dead:
- 5 Locations: Tackle 5 of the most infamous locations from The Walking Dead story including: Meriwether County Correctional Facility, Woodbury, and Alexandria.
- Epic Crafting: Choose from over two hundred + different items to make over 70 tools or weapons to aid your survival.
- Well known characters: Interact with all your favourite characters from the comics and recruit them to help you with important tasks.
- Routines: Make sure you and your survivors keep up your daily routines - it's important for morale!
- Guns!: Firearms will now be available to craft or discover - they are handy for keeping walkers at bay!
- Zombie hordes: Use your wits and your survivor companions to fend off hordes of hungry walkers.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead is available on the Windows Store from the link below for $19.99. Do note that, at the time of this writing, the download wasn't populated just yet. However, it should become available within short order.
Thanks to Aaron C. for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.