What you need to know
- Fallout 76 is kicking off its 2021 update roadmap with the new 'Locked and Loaded' update now rolling out for players.
- The first of four major updates in 2021 adds another C.A.M.P. slot for all players and new S.P.E.C.I.A.L. loadouts.
- 'Locked and Loaded' also kicks off Season 4 with tons of new rewards and missions, and adds tons of new Daily Ops.
- The 'Locked and Loaded' update is now available for Fallout 76 on Xbox, PC, PlayStation, and Xbox Game Pass.
Fallout 76 has come a really long ways since our mixed Fallout 76 review. Bethesda Softworks has stuck with it and released update after update to improve their multiplayer-focused open-world post-apocalyptic RPG massively. Now, Bethesda is releasing the first update from its Fallout 76 2021 roadmap with the new Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded update (opens in new tab). Locked and Loaded kicks off Season 4 for Fallout 76 and includes plenty of goodies for players while they wait for the even bigger expansion heading to Fallout 76 this summer.
Fallout 76's Locked and Loaded update includes quite a bit to look forward to, including:
- A new C.A.M.P. slot for all players to claim and build a second base
- New S.P.E.C.I.A.L. loadouts to customize and switch between multiple loadouts on the fly
- Three new locations for Daily Ops and several new game modes
- Season 4: Cold Steel kicks off with lots of new rewards, challenges, and much more
It's commendable that Fallout 76 continues to improve as it does. There's never been a better time to play than with the Locked and Loaded update release. Fallout 76 is currently available for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC. If you're playing on Xbox and PC, you can even install Fallout 76 through Xbox Game Pass. Xbox Series X|S players get improved performance in Fallout 76 because of FPS Boost. All of this adds up to Fallout 76 actually being one of the best games on Xbox Game Pass.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Camp system had disapointed several players.
Build towns in apocalytptic world is ridicule, and there are not really utility.
i wish in future Camp must be unlocked contain and quests.
With more material ressources.
In more of traditionnal game, or as game mode.
With more choices to do with characters.
Vehicles, weapons, could be interested.
Not game of construction, but real Rpg.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.