Square Enix has pushed out the July update for Final Fantasy XV on both Xbox One and PS4, adding in some new content for players to dive into. Coming in at version 1.13, the update's most notable addition is that of the new Magitek Armor, which has been toned down quite a bit from the very Power Renger-y aesthetic we saw when Square Enix first showed it off.
The #FFXV July Update is now live! A new Cross Chain system, a new quest, the Magitek Exosuits & ICYMI The Moogle Chocobo Carnival returns! pic.twitter.com/yDcPYKMSVyThe #FFXV July Update is now live! A new Cross Chain system, a new quest, the Magitek Exosuits & ICYMI The Moogle Chocobo Carnival returns! pic.twitter.com/yDcPYKMSVy— Final Fantasy XV (@FFXVEN) July 31, 2017July 31, 2017
Also new in this update are some new quests at the Hunter HQ, the Rush Link system, and more. Here's a look at the full patch notes:
- New quests have been added to Meldacio Hunter HQ (after Chapter 8).
- A new ally cooperation system called "Rush Link" has been added.
- The "Magitek Armor" invincibility suits have been added.
- The limited time content "Moogle Chocobo Carnival" has been reopened.
- Various bugs have been fixed.
- Save data from this version cannot be used with save data from an old version.
- If you overwrite save data from the old version with save data of this version, it can no longer be used in the old version.
All of this comes ahead of Final Fantasy XV's anticipated new multiplayer DLC, a closed beta for which will run from August 3 through August 8 for Season Pass owners. In the meantime, you should be able to grab the free July on your console now.
how is this the first i'm hearing about this game getting multiplayer?
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.