What you need to know
- It's Wednesday, Mojang Studios' favorite day to release Minecraft pre-release builds and snapshots.
- Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w24a is now available to testers, with two new features for Minecraft 1.19 "The Wild Update."
- Allays can now duplicate if given amethyst shards, and player chat can now be reported in-game.
- Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 was also released today with plenty of new bug fixes.
Mojang Studios is working hard on the first major patch update for Minecraft 1.19 "The Wild Update," and some of those upcoming changes and additional features are being tested in today's Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot.
Minecraft 1.19 "The Wild Update" released earlier this month, but Mojang Studios isn't slowing down on improving its legendary, globally-acclaimed survival crafting game. The Wild Update was a more modest content release, but it's still going to get plenty of post-launch love in the way of patch updates, before Mojang Studios turns to what's coming next to Minecraft.
One of PC's best games can't afford to take a break, so Mojang Studios is working on a "1.19.1" update to further improve The Wild Update. Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w24a actually includes two new features, with the allay now being able to duplicate via amethyst shards, and players now able to report chat directly from the "Chat" screen.
In case you missed it, Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 was released today. We also got a chance to sit down with Mojang Studios to discuss Minecraft 1.19 "The Wild Update," and more.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w24a includes:
- Allays will dance to a Record playing in a Jukebox
- If the Allay is handed an Amethyst Shard while dancing it will duplicate
- Duplication has a 2.5 minute cooldown
Player chat reporting
- It is now possible to report a player for sending abusive messages in the game chat
- A reporter is required to select the individual chat messages that contain the objectionable content, as well as the category of the report
- This is to provide the best context for our moderation team to take action
- Accessed via the social interactions screen (default keybind is "P")
- The social interactions screen is now available via the Pause screen when in a multiplayer game
- Multiple chat messages can be selected for reporting
- The category of the chat report can be selected from a list of Chat Report Categories
- Additional comments can be entered to provide more details and information regarding the report
- Trader llamas continue to spit after their target died
- Nitwit villager can have a profession
- Cured Villager can work at wrong workstation
- Sky color is visible for a brief moment after applying Night Vision under Darkness effect
- Frogs can lay spawn on flowing water
- Frogs don’t lay their spawn on waterlogged blocks
- Loading server resource packs reloads twice when one is already loaded
- Mobs that naturally spawn in with equipment will play the respective equipping noise
- Cured Villager trades are not refreshing
- Commands sending messages use formatting of regular chat in server logs
- Unexpected exception in the selector loop causing server lag
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.