The Garmin Connect Mobile app for Windows 10 on both PC and Mobile launched a few months ago and this week the app was updated to version 1.4. In addtion to adding a bunch of features, the app adds support for Garmin's latest fitness wearables, the Vivoactive HR and Vivofit 3.
Here's a look at what's new with version 1.4:
- My Community Snapshot uses the Snapshot feature to show you what your friends are doing on leaderboards.
- Paddle boarding and rowing sports have been added as activity types.
- Your fenix 3 now has heart rate support!
- Audio prompts for supported devices give you in-ear notifications of your performance.
- Move IQ auto detects your activities such as running, walking, driving, etc. when you forget to manually log your activity.
- If you are a group admin, you can now manage your groups from Garmin Connect Mobile!
- We have added V02, FTP and Lactate Threshold Stats in the Performance Stats menu.
- Windows now supports vivofit 3 and vivoactive HR.
- View your group challenges and leaderboards by going to your group's detail view.
- Every Garmin update includes various bug fixes, performance and pairing improvements.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Windows Hello is now more accurate with new Windows 10 updates
A new cumulative update is now rolling out for Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903. This latest round of fixes includes an update to the accuracy of Windows Hello, along with several other tweaks.
Microsoft Edge Dev channel snags 3D view for developers in latest update
A fresh update is rolling out to the Microsoft Edge Dev channel today, bringing a 3D view tool for developers and more. Microsoft has also confirmed it's discussing bringing back features like "Set Aside" for tabs.
Microsoft's Project Tokyo uses AI to help blind people recognize faces
A new post from Microsoft shares how a converted HoloLens and Project Tokyo help blind people recognize faces. Spatial audio and well-designed cues help people and tech work together to improve conversations.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.