The official Gears of War website featured a page containing all the information about the upcoming re-mastered version for Xbox One. So if you're itching to get the scoop ahead of Microsoft's E3 2015 conference, take a look below.
The website has since been removed, but ICXM captured a screenshot and ran the text through a translator to reveal the following information. The re-mastered Gears of War will enjoy 60 FPS and dedicated servers, 90 minutes of additional campaign content and various other features.
- Adapted for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for the campaign mode of the original game for the PC
- New achievements in Xbox LIVE (player account 1250)
- Gallery sketches and comics available to unlock
- Streamlined multiplayer mode
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Selection of players for skills
- New types of games, "Team Fight", "King of the Hill" (in the style of Gears of War 3) and the new 2 2 Destruction "Gnasherom."
- 19 cards, including downloadable content and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- New features match the settings, including the choice of parameters of the active charge, renewal, revival and the emergence of an independent arms.
- Streamlined gameplay more fluid movements and updated management system:
- Alternative control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- All the control parameters are adapted for the Xbox One
- Added features from your favorite Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity setting.
The website used a generic Gears of War 3 picture which could indicate that Gears of War 3 is the re-master. On closer inspection, the text seems to infer merely that features from Gears of War 3 multiplayer are being ported. Previous leaks suggest that the Xbox One re-master is of the first Gears of War, not the third, but I guess we'll have to wait until the Microsoft E3 conference on Monday to find out for sure.