What you need to know
- Grounded is an innovative and charming survival game currently in early access from Obsidian Entertainment.
- The Grounded team just released the massive 'Shroom and Doom Update' with a ton of new features and improvements.
- Today, the 0.10.1 patch update is now available with a series of fixes for that update, including improvements to pets.
- Players should begin seeing the 0.10.1 patch update in the next few hours on every platform.
The 0.10.0 Shroom and Doom Update is fresh off the press for Grounded, and is still keeping players busy with its huge influx of new features and improvements. Today, Obsidian Entertainment is releasing the 0.10.1 patch update for Grounded to resolve some of the issues with the Shroom and Doom Update, including some big improvements to the newly-introduced pets feature. All players should be able to download the 0.10.1 patch update in the next few hours.
Grounded's early access is still going strong, with Obsidian Entertainment recently deciding to move to larger and less frequent updates, starting with the Shroom and Doom Update. With the 0.10.1 patch update, players can expect a wide variety of different fixes, especially to pets, crashes, and save file management.
Grounded is an excellent game already, one of the best Xbox survival games, and it continues to improve with regular updates. The game is available now on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Game Pass. To ensure you're running the most stable build of Grounded possible, be sure to install the 0.10.1 patch update as soon as possible.
The full changelog for Grounded's 0.10.1 patch update includes:
- Crow Crossbow has a longer range than normal bows
- Pets will no longer wander away when they are in a pet house and the player goes somewhere else
- Pets will return to their last pet house, or a nearby one, when the player dies
- Active pets will now follow the player a little more closely
- Active pets will flee to the player when scared instead of in random directions
Top community fixes
- Pets will no longer remain in pet houses or as active followers after they die
- Pets will no longer have their location reset by "Fix Creature Locations"
- Changing your language in the Options screen properly switches languages again
- Achievements for Clients will unlock more reliably now after joining
- Curved Doors can now be replaced by other curved buildings
- Hoops' ponytail will obey the laws of physics again after exiting Photo Mode
- Walking around in shallow water will play splashing footstep sounds again
- The "Resourceful" achievement now properly unlocks after analyzing 15 items instead of 5 items
- Your teen's neck hole is no longer visible when using 120 FOV camera settings in first-person mode
- Garden Patches that have items actively growing in them no longer can hitch the game and affect creature pathing
Items, equipment, & resources
- Smoothie Station Goop Bases are properly removed from Connected Storages
- Mushroom chunks no longer attract an infinite number of Weevils
- Swimming creatures no longer restore on top of lily pads when loading a save game
- Grubs no longer pop out of the ground simply by punching them
- Grubs visuals properly display again once they resume burrowing
Xbox & Windows 10
- Deleting Save Games works correctly again
- Crashes dealing with asynchronous platform calls for Xbox and Win 10 store platforms have been fixed
- The game no longer terminates shortly after resuming from a suspended state for a while
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Anytime hesitant of trying the game still, now's the time
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.