What you need to know
- Grounded, the co-op survival title from Obsidian Entertainment, recently got the major 'Hot and Hazy Update.'
- Today, Obsidian is releasing another patch update for that release with new bug fixes and tweaks.
- Improvements include reducing the number of crashing issues, fixing graphical artifacts on Xbox Series X|S, and more.
- Grounded patch update 0.11.4 is now releasing to all players on Xbox and PC platforms.
Grounded players just got a major injection of fresh content and features with the Hot and Hazy Update, and Obsidian Entertainment is still working hard to ensure that the recent release is stable and polished. An earlier Grounded patch is now being followed by Grounded patch update 0.11.4, which includes new fixes for players.
Grass planks and weed stems that have been cut down but not secured to a storage pallet will now disappear from the world faster, several crashing issues have been patched, and other tweaks are included in this latest patch update. Grounded's early access continues to evolve over time with new content, followed quickly by updates to fix any lingering issues or problems.
While Grounded isn't fully released yet, it's already one of the best Xbox games for fans of survival and quirky humor. Obsidian apparently still has a lot of plans for what to add to Grounded in the future, ahead of a future public release.
The full changelog for Grounded patch update 0.11.4 includes:
- Grass planks and weed stems that are not in Pallets will despawn after one in-game day instead of three in-game days
- Client achievements are properly reevaluated and resynced upon joining a multiplayer game
- Grass blades that instantly disappear on chop no longer show up after loading certain saves
- Hotpouch no longer sometimes stops working for clients until they first die after joining a multiplayer game
- Games with Hotpouch slots all being white boxes are fixed back upon load
- Fixed rare crash when saving a game
- Fixed client crash related to using the Oven
- Fixed client crash related to applying and removing status effects
- Fixed client crash related to base buildings
- Durability bars and spoil timers no longer incorrectly display as half or double the actual max value for clients when playing on Mild or Woah mode
- The Analyzer audio will no longer get stuck if you skip the analyze state
- A rare issue where a player could load in with 0 health and not be able to interact with anything has been fixed
- Flipped spiral staircases display correctly now
Xbox Series X|S
- The screen no longer randomly flickers with graphical artifacts
- Fixed memory corruption crash with large bases
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.