What you need to know
- Grounded is an open-world co-op survival game from Obsidian Entertainment and Xbox Game Studios, currently in early access.
- On Tuesday, Obsidian began releasing the 0.11.6 patch update to Grounded players with a handful of fixes.
- The patch includes fixes for grass and weeds growing back when they shouldn't, and difficulties placing furniture on buoyant foundations.
- This is built on top of Grounded's 'Hot and Hazy Update'; we still don't know what the next Grounded content update will be.
One of the best Xbox games for fans of survival and co-op is Grounded, which continues to expand as it continues its early access journey. The latest content update for Grounded was the massive Hot and Hazy Update, and Obsidian Entertainment has been focusing on polishing the release ever since.
On Tuesday, Obsidian began rolling out the 0.11.6 patch update for Grounded, which includes a small batch of fixes for players. This release has nothing terribly exciting, but players frustrated by grass and weeds continuing to regrow after being cut down, even where building bases, will be relieved. Also, Grounded players will be able to furnish their floating bases more easily.
The full changelog for Grounded's 0.11.6 patch update includes:
- Grass and weeds will no longer sometimes regrow after fully chopping down or building a base that blocks growth
- Note: Grass and weeds that have regrown in specific saves will not retroactively be removed. However, it will no longer regrow back after chopping it all down again
- Furniture can now be built on Buoyant Foundations
Grounded (Game Preview)
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.