What you need to know
- Grounded just released the large February Content Update to its Early Access players with lots of features.
- Now, Obsidian Entertainment is rolling out the 0.7.1 patch update to fix bugs and issues with the February Content Update.
- The 0.7.1 patch update includes fixes for several crashing issues, performance problems related to building, and more.
- Players can begin installing the patch now, as it continues to roll out over the next few hours on Xbox and PC.
Grounded is currently in early access, and that means a constant stream of updates to add new features, make improvements, and fix bugs and issues. The Grounded team at Obsidian Entertainment recently dropped the impressive 0.7.0 February Content Update, which included a ton of improvements revolving around building. While the Grounded team looks to what comes beyond the February Content Update, they're dropping the first patch update for it: the 0.7.1 patch update.
The 0.7.1 patch update for Grounded is rolling out to players now on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and PC. It includes a handful of bug fixes and improvements, mostly around crashing issues and building problems.
If you haven't tried Grounded yet, it's one of the Best Survival Games on Xbox. It's easy to give the game a try, as its early access is also available through Xbox Game Pass on console and PC. To get the most out of Grounded, though, be sure to use one of the Best Headsets for Xbox Series X|S, that way you can hear every bug around you.
The full changelog for Grounded's 0.7.1 patch update includes:
Top community issues
- Fixed a host crash that can happen when clients quickly harvest mushrooms
- Potential crash fix related to BURG.L Quests for clients
- Fixed an issue where you could not repair items using resources from nearby storage containers
- Potential fix for zipline angles being incorrect for clients
- Optimized CPU performance when lots of Lean-tos, Beds, or Armor Dummies have been built
- Reduced framerate hitching upon loading into the backyard
Items / equipment / resources
- Fixed the Healbasa not consistently working
- Adjustment to the look of Weed Stem floors
- Fixed Pollen Shot status effect from the Bee armor not working correctly
- Fixed the durability bar not showing up in the Repair window
- Fixed some texture popping on dirty lab doors
- Water droplets will now properly play their sound effects and visual effects when falling from a grass blade
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.