The new update will bring a completely revamped dashboard, with new designs, an all-new Guide menu, fresh Cortana features and much more. Here are the known issues.
OS version released: rs2_xbox_rel_1703.170118-1900
Available: 2:00PM PST 1/23 (9:00PM GMT 23/1)
Controllers & accessories
- When a steering wheel accessory is connected, the console interface may freeze and become unresponsive. Workaround: Disconnect the steering wheel accessory, and hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- With profile sign-in settings set to "Lock it down", you may be unable to sign-in again playing a game, then signing out. Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- VUDU may fail to launch or videos may fail to play due to a connecting to network error.
- You may be unable to fully navigate in certain apps due to the lack of a cursor. The affected apps include, but are not limited to: Baconit, British Radio, American Radio, UrzaGatherer, and MSN Weather.
- If you have an EA Access subscription and own a large number of digital games or apps, you may have issues installing or playing EA Access content.
- Microsoft Edge webpages which are pinned in the Jump Guide fail to launch the webpage.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Ease of Access When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
As noted, this update will roll out in waves to those who are most active in the Insider Preview with more and more being invited in the coming weeks. The update will ship in full this spring with the full Windows 10 Creators Update. You can always keep up to date with the Xbox Insider program using the link below!
Xbox Insider Program on Windows Central
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!