The biggest feature of this new update is the Beam.pro viewing app, which is now live for Alpha testers. Beyond that, there are some fixes for Cortana, system updates, networking, Beam broadcasting, and much more. Here's what you need to know.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170214-2312
Available: 6:00PM PST 2/17 (2:00AM GMT 18/2)
- Beam is an innovative livestreaming service that gives viewers the ability to watch and interact with their favorite game streamers in real-time. Beginning now, the Beam app will be installed by default on Xbox One! To get started with the Beam app, navigate to My games & apps and search for Beam. Please use the Beam app and let us know if you encounter any issues via Report a problem.
- The camera can now be configured before starting a broadcast.
- There are now better visual cues to notify when a broadcast is stopped or paused due to switching games.
- Various improvements for audio.
- Various fixes for chat display and controls in the Guide.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Resolved an issue which caused Cortana to be too responsive to phrases which sound like "Hey Cortana."
- When downloading a mandatory system update, selecting "Skip and go offline" should no longer cause the console to slowly become sluggish and unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue which caused Moderate or Strict NAT type.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the console from automatically signing in a profile with automatic sign-in enabled.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Using voice dictation sometimes causes the virtual keyboard to become unresponsive.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Keep it locked to Windows Central for all the latest updates hitting the Xbox Insider Program.
Jez Corden is a Senior Editor for Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Will we ever get a ring 3 build?
Eventually lol near the end
It's nice to see this arrive. Sent 4 reported last night.
I wish they would bring back the possibility to choose between toggle and on in the settings to control your other equipment. Or just implement cec as it should... Also, why just bitstream out for disc's, and not for every audio output?
I don't know why but after the last update I got the old Xbox Interface. Everything seems to be right in the Insider App.
send in a report . its possibly a bug.
I am stuck with a build from December.
Destiny is broke on the latest update. Looking at Reddit and twitter it seems that anyone with the latest alpha update cannot connect to the Destiny servers.
ah the joys of apha builds :D things may be broken :D
Most of the servers are down in a lot of my games... Because I'm in the alpha ring. For Honor, Destiny, The Division, Rocket League (on free play days). I also live in Canada.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.