The biggest feature of this new update is the Beam.pro viewing app, which is now live for Alpha testers. Beyond that, there are some fixes for Cortana, system updates, networking, Beam broadcasting, and much more. Here's what you need to know.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170214-2312
Available: 6:00PM PST 2/17 (2:00AM GMT 18/2)
- Beam is an innovative livestreaming service that gives viewers the ability to watch and interact with their favorite game streamers in real-time. Beginning now, the Beam app will be installed by default on Xbox One! To get started with the Beam app, navigate to My games & apps and search for Beam. Please use the Beam app and let us know if you encounter any issues via Report a problem.
- The camera can now be configured before starting a broadcast.
- There are now better visual cues to notify when a broadcast is stopped or paused due to switching games.
- Various improvements for audio.
- Various fixes for chat display and controls in the Guide.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Resolved an issue which caused Cortana to be too responsive to phrases which sound like "Hey Cortana."
- When downloading a mandatory system update, selecting "Skip and go offline" should no longer cause the console to slowly become sluggish and unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue which caused Moderate or Strict NAT type.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the console from automatically signing in a profile with automatic sign-in enabled.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Using voice dictation sometimes causes the virtual keyboard to become unresponsive.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Keep it locked to Windows Central for all the latest updates hitting the Xbox Insider Program.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Money in Excel can help you keep on top of your finances
Microsoft revealed Money in Excel today during its launch of new Microsoft 365 features. The new feature is a budgeting tool that makes it easy to keep track of your finances in Excel, much like the Microsoft Money of old.
Microsoft 365 brings work, life, and family together under one subscription
Microsoft has announced a new subscription aimed at consumers who are looking to keep their life organized between home, work, and family. The new subscription is largely a rebrand of Microsoft Office 365, but with several new benefits and features that extend outside of the traditional suite of Office applications. Such benefits include new cloud-powered experiences that enhance your...
The best FreeSync monitors for your Xbox One
Keep your Xbox One games smoother than ever with these FreeSync monitors.