Developer IO Interactive has announced Hitman - Game of the Year (GOTY) Edition, which will launch on November 7 with the full gamut of content released thus far in season one. In addition, the GOTY Edition will include a new campaign called "Patient Zero," and it will arrive alongside a free update that brings special enhancements for the Xbox One X (which also happens to launch the same day).
The biggest addition, the Patient Zero campaign, will be made up of four missions spread across locations that have been reworked from their original settings. The campaign will see Agent 47 racing to stop a virus from spreading and turning into a global pandemic as a result of a contingency plan unleashed after following what was otherwise a routine assassination. The campaign will contain "new gameplay opportunities, disguises, characters, challenges, gameplay mechanics, AI behaviour and HUD elements," as players make their way across Bangkok, Sapienza, Colorado, and Hokkaido, IO Interactive says.
In addition, the GOTY Edition packs in some new suits, ranging from a blacked out "Raven" suit to slightly sillier "Clown" and "Cowboy" suits. Each comes with its own signature weapon. IO Interactive has also created some themed Escalation Contracts for each suit and weapon combination.
Lastly, a free update will be released on November 7 for all players, with a number of new features an Xbox One X enhancements in tow. Here's a look at what to expect:
- A redesigned UI with a new colour scheme and visual style: A fresh new look across the board and re-organised menus to make it easier to find what you're looking for.
- New Contracts Mode features: 'Trending' helps you find the most popular contracts, making sure you can easily find a new challenge. We're also adding 10 'Conditions' that will add huge depth to Contracts Mode, such as restricting disguise changes or requiring players to use a specific exit. Anyone who creates a contract will be able to toggle these conditions to set a more defined challenge for their contract.
- Major lighting improvements to all missions: New colour grading, readjusted HDR adaptation rules and re-designed skyboxes mean that our locations look more vivid, vibrant and lifelike.
- Commemorative Elusive Target Unlock: If you played any of the Elusive Targets we released during Season One, we're giving you an in-game coin to commemorate your progress and thank you for your support.
- Xbox One X Enhancements: A whole host of enhancements are on the way for Xbox One X owners, including options for native 4K and a higher framerate. Specific details to come in a Xbox-specific blog post.
- Tobii Eye Tracking support for PC: Enhance your killer instincts with Dynamic Light Adaptation, Extended View and a new special feature added specifically for HITMAN. Find more details here.
- Various fixes and improvements: Full release notes will be published closer to 7 November. That should be enough time to start thinking about your default loadout for each location.
- Elusive Target Re-activation: Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you've already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won't be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET's will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th.
As for availability, Hitman - GOTY Edition will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on November 7 for $60. If you already own the full first season, you can snag a GOTY Upgrade pack for $20, which will include all of the GOTY Edition extras.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.