Whether you're a Club owner or a Club member, being part of a large community on the new system can result in a veritable spam of notifications leaking all over your PC Action Center or your TV screen.
Here are a few quick steps you need to take to reduce or turn them off completely.
- Go to All Settings by double-tapping your controller's Xbox button, then navigating down to the cogwheel icon.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Notifications.
- Select Xbox.
- Select Clubs.
- From here, you can choose toggles for the following:
- Turning all notifications off and on.
- Showing pop-up notifications.
- Hiding pop-ups during videos.
- Showing notifications in the Guide's notification list.
- When you're invited to Clubs.
- When ownership has been transferred.
- When you're promoted to an admin.
- Invitation requests (as admin).
- Reports (as admin).
- When new members join (as admin).
- When admins are removed (as admin).
- Once you have set your preferences using the A button, you can close out of the settings panel.
On Windows 10 PC
- Launch the Xbox app by searching for Xbox in the Start Menu.
- Note: Make sure the Xbox app has been updated to the latest version in the Windows 10 Store.
- Click the Settings tab from the hamburger menu on the left.
- Click Notifications. You can now configure your Club notifications at the bottom of the list.
Following these steps should help reduce the spam from being in a popular Club, without actually leaving it all together.
For more information on what the Xbox Holiday Update contains, see the link below!
Jez Corden is the Managing Editor for Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Good to know -- thanks, Jez!
Spooky as I received a random club invite at 3:30 this morning. Thanks :-)
I have had a few random ones. Deleted them.
Any one up for some Battlefield 1 lol?
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.