What you need to know
- HP announced Reverb G2 headsets will start shipping in November.
- Any preorders made September 24 or later will ship in December.
- The HP Reverb G2 is a Windows Mixed Reality headset collaboration between Valve, HP, and Microsoft.
- You can preorder the HP Reverb G2 now for $600.
It's been nearly four montsh since HP first announced its next-gen Reverb G2 VR headset, and now we know when preorders will start shipping. In a new blog post, HP says that the Reverb G2 Windows Mixed Reality headset will ship to those who have already preordered starting in November. For anyone who preorders starting September 24 or later, those units will ship in December, HP says.
In addition to the shipping timeline, HP says it has also made some improvements to the Reverb G2 since it was first announced. Here's a rundown of what's new:
- We have updated the lenses to reduce the Fresnel ring reflections and improve clarity.
- The menu button on the controllers is now domed so you can distinguish between the Windows and Menu buttons by touch.
- In addition to the full size to mini display port adapter, a USB-C® to USB-A adapter will be included in every box.
- Our Engineers found an opportunity to lower persistence without lowering brightness and this required higher power draw, so the HP Reverb G2 will require the adapter to be plugged into the wall.
The HP Reverb G2 is a collaboration between HP, Valve, and Microsoft, bringing some significant improvements over the original Reverb headset. The lenses are designed by Valve, featuring 90Hz 2160 x 2160 LCD panels per eye. There's also four-camera tracking, new controllers, new headphones, and manual interpupillary distance (IPD) adjustment.
The HP Reverb G2 is available to preorder now for $600.
Premium virtual reality
Super comfortable, super HD
HP's Reverb G2 is now made with the help of Valve and Microsoft. The premium VR headset brings 2K by 2K resolution, 90Hz refresh, new Valve-designed lenses, improved spatial audio, and a massive focus on comfort. It is the ultimate VR headset for Windows Mixed Reality, gaming, or professional use. It's due this Fall, but pre-orders are now live.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.