Update: Pre-orders for the Huawei Matebook are now live on the Microsoft Store site:
Huawei has confirmed that its previously announced Windows 10 tablet, the Matebook, will go on sale in the U.S. and Canada on July 11. Pre-orders for the tablet are scheduled to begin today at the Microsoft Store website and its retail stores. It will also be available via Amazon and Newegg in mid-July.
The Huawei Matebook was first announced in February at the Mobile World Congress. The company says it will sell the 12-inch 2160x1440 tablet with the starting price of $699. It only weighs 640 grams and is 6.9 mm thick.
The high-density lithium-ion battery is quickly charged via USB Type-C to provide enough power for up to nine hours of work. MateBook also features an ultra-fast fingerprint sensor, taking only one touch to unlock the screen through Windows Hello. The MateBook takes advantage of Intel's power-sipping premium m-series processors, built especially for hybrid computing devices.
Here are the configurations and prices for the Huawei Matebook:
- Intel Core m3, with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage - $699 in U.S.; $909 CAD
- Intel Core m5, with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage - $849 in U.S.; $1,099 CAD
- Intel Core m5, with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage - $999 in U.S; $1,299 CAD
- Intel Core m5, with 8GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage - $1,199 in U.S; $1,599 CAD
- Intel Core m7, with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage - $1,399 in U.S.; $1,819 CAD
- Intel Core m7, with 8GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage - $1,599 in U.S.; $2,079 CAD
In addition, Huawei will sell three official accessories for the Matebook:
- Huawei MateBook Portfolio Keyboard features best-in-class key travel and is backlit for easier use in the dark - $129 in U.S.; $169 CAD
- Huawei MatePen has a built-in laser pointer and can detect 2048 different levels of writing pressure, great for Windows Ink. - $59 in U.S.; $79 CAD
- Huawei MateDock expands the MateBook's capabilities with two USB 3.0 ports, an Ethernet, an HDMI, and a VGA port. - $89 in U.S.; $109 CAD
Stay tuned as Windows Central will report on today's press event that Huawei is hosting in New York City on the Matebook launch.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first Surface Duo camera sample is here — what do you think? (poll)
The Surface Duo's camera has been a hot topic of discussion since Microsoft debuted the phone last year. This week, we got our first look at its capabilities with a photo shared by Microsoft's Panos Panay. Let us know what your first impressions are in our poll.
Get the right GPU for a stellar VR experience. These are the best available
VR performance hinges on a lot of factors, though perhaps none more important than the graphics card. If you're wondering what the best option is for your next gaming and VR PC, we've rounded up a bunch that fit a number of budgets and performance levels.
How to sanitize all types of Xbox controllers properly
We live in strange times that will hopefully blow over soon. Until then, though, we're all adapting to new habits, which include cleaning and sanitizing stuff more than we may do usually. Here's how to give an Xbox controller a nice clean.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.