Every month or so, Microsoft releases a new update for all Xbox One owners which brings with it a number of features. July is no different because "FastStart", "Groups", and much more were added. Xbox Wire shared the news on Twitter. You can read about all the major changes below.
- FastStart: The feature was announced at E3 2018, and allows you to jump into your games twice as fast after downloading just a fraction of it. According to the company, FastStart works by identifying which files are needed to begin playing and prioritizes their download.
- Groups: Groups are like folders. You can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within "My games & apps". This feature was announced many months ago but it's finally available to everyone.
- Search: Searching for content is now even easier. Now pressing the "Y" button anywhere in the dashboard and begin searching.
- Mixer Share Controller: The Xbox Team made it easier to use "Share Controller" through the website and touch devices.
- Broadcasting: Mixer streamers can now go full screen with their webcam while broadcasting. Apart from that, the image quality of broadcasts has also been improved.
It's great to see Microsoft aggressively adding community-requested features. Hopefully this trend will continue in the future. We've been testing out the latest update for a few hours now and the the added features help. Groups is particularly useful in organizing hundreds of games.
The Xbox One X is currently available for $499 or equivalent depending on your region.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
If you want FreeSync for your Xbox One games, you have few options
Keep your Xbox One games looking smoother than ever with these FreeSync monitors.