Every month or so, Microsoft releases a new update for all Xbox One owners which brings with it a number of features. July is no different because "FastStart", "Groups", and much more were added. Xbox Wire shared the news on Twitter. You can read about all the major changes below.
- FastStart: The feature was announced at E3 2018, and allows you to jump into your games twice as fast after downloading just a fraction of it. According to the company, FastStart works by identifying which files are needed to begin playing and prioritizes their download.
- Groups: Groups are like folders. You can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within "My games & apps". This feature was announced many months ago but it's finally available to everyone.
- Search: Searching for content is now even easier. Now pressing the "Y" button anywhere in the dashboard and begin searching.
- Mixer Share Controller: The Xbox Team made it easier to use "Share Controller" through the website and touch devices.
- Broadcasting: Mixer streamers can now go full screen with their webcam while broadcasting. Apart from that, the image quality of broadcasts has also been improved.
It's great to see Microsoft aggressively adding community-requested features. Hopefully this trend will continue in the future. We've been testing out the latest update for a few hours now and the the added features help. Groups is particularly useful in organizing hundreds of games.
The Xbox One X is currently available for $499 or equivalent depending on your region.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.