Every month or so, Microsoft releases a new update for all Xbox One owners which brings with it a number of features. July is no different because "FastStart", "Groups", and much more were added. Xbox Wire shared the news on Twitter. You can read about all the major changes below.
- FastStart: The feature was announced at E3 2018, and allows you to jump into your games twice as fast after downloading just a fraction of it. According to the company, FastStart works by identifying which files are needed to begin playing and prioritizes their download.
- Groups: Groups are like folders. You can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within "My games & apps". This feature was announced many months ago but it's finally available to everyone.
- Search: Searching for content is now even easier. Now pressing the "Y" button anywhere in the dashboard and begin searching.
- Mixer Share Controller: The Xbox Team made it easier to use "Share Controller" through the website and touch devices.
- Broadcasting: Mixer streamers can now go full screen with their webcam while broadcasting. Apart from that, the image quality of broadcasts has also been improved.
It's great to see Microsoft aggressively adding community-requested features. Hopefully this trend will continue in the future. We've been testing out the latest update for a few hours now and the the added features help. Groups is particularly useful in organizing hundreds of games.
The Xbox One X is currently available for $499 or equivalent depending on your region.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Rated 'T' for teen: Here are the best teen-rated Xbox One games
Need Xbox gift ideas for a teenaged loved one that doesn't include the non-gift-wrappable, free-to-play Fortnite? Consider some of these!