Frontier Developments is a well-regarded studio which has a long history and has produced amazing experiences. The studio did wonders with Elite: Dangerous and Planet Coaster, so it's no surprise that the team is tackling the challenges of a Jurassic Park game. Jurassic World Evolution is a park-building experience along the lines of titles like Cities: Skylines.
Today, the developer released a new update on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4. According to Frontier, this update introduces three new dig sites, a cast of new dinosaurs which you can bring to your island, new "InGen" database entries, and a number of bug fixes and improvements to the base game. There's a lot of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom film content in the download.
The main changes with this free update as listed below.
- Added new dinosaurs from Fallen Kingdom like the Indoraptor, Baryonyx, Stygimoloch, Carnotaurus, Allosaurus and Sinoceratops.
- Added and updated dig sites to support new dinosaurs in regions like England, Argentina and China.
- Added new characters from Fallen Kingdom to the InGen database like Iris Carroll, Benjamin Lockwood, Franklin Webb, Maisie Lockwood, Zia Rodriguezo, Eli Mills, Ken Wheatley, and Gunnar Eversoll.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
- Animation improvements.
- Dinosaur ragdoll enhancements.
- Fix for dinosaurs stuck in panicked and terrorizing states.
Unfortunately, Jurassic World Evolution still needs a lot more content so here's hoping that the studio will keep on expanding the game. In our review, we stated that the title was a "spectacularly mundane park management" experience.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.