Killer Instinct fans will soon be able to get their hands on the ultimate package for the Xbox One game with the newly unveiled Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition (opens in new tab). Hitting stores on September 20, the Definitive Edition includes all of the characters and content that has been released over the game's three seasons and more.
Here's a quick rundown of everything you can expect from Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition:
- Every Killer Instinct fighter! That's 26 characters, including the remastered cast, original fighters like Hisako and ARIA, and special guest characters like Arbiter from Halo, Rash from Battletoads and General RAAM from Gears of War
- All 20 stages, with visual upgrades and lighting changes (creating absolutely improved gorgeous fighting sets)
- Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 for Xbox One – the faithful recreation of the arcade originals
- Special features like every song in the KI archives, every character trailer, and never-before-seen concept artwork
- An interactive universe map with stage location details
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes videos digging into the history, world, and design of this beloved franchise
All told, the Definitive Edition will run $40 when it hits stores on September 20. And if you happen to pick it up in-store, you'll also get an original soundtrack CD and an exclusive Gold Gargos character skin. For now, you can pre-order Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition from a number of retailers, including GameStop and Amazon.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
That is a killer deal. Well done, Microsoft. Would be nice if there was some sort of upgrade path for existing KI owners, though.
I bought the Ultra Editions of each season so, Aye I want my gold character skin and soundtrack CD and behind the scenes stuff that these physical buyers are getting. If they don't give the people who bought everything on release something like the physical customers are getting it's just bad plain bad
As someone who bought it day 1 your bonus was to have and own the game, and be able to play it, all this time.
If you wanted a better deal on it you could be waited.
The add-ons are meant to entice people to buy it when they weren't going to otherwise.
I'd love to play it on PC. Seems like it won't be a "Play Anywhere" title. :(
Isn't it already a "Play Anywhere" title? I know if you buy it on XBox at least you get the Windows 10 version with all your purchases unlocked.
You can already play it on the PC. I bought it on XBOX ONE and now have it on PC as well at no extra cost to me. It has to be the same account though. There's no sharing here. I have two Live accounts, but don't have acces to my bought content on the other account. Only the one I purchased it with.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.