Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition coming to Xbox One on Sept. 20
Killer Instinct fans will soon be able to get their hands on the ultimate package for the Xbox One game with the newly unveiled Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition. Hitting stores on September 20, the Definitive Edition includes all of the characters and content that has been released over the game's three seasons and more.
Here's a quick rundown of everything you can expect from Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition:
- Every Killer Instinct fighter! That's 26 characters, including the remastered cast, original fighters like Hisako and ARIA, and special guest characters like Arbiter from Halo, Rash from Battletoads and General RAAM from Gears of War
- All 20 stages, with visual upgrades and lighting changes (creating absolutely improved gorgeous fighting sets)
- Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 for Xbox One – the faithful recreation of the arcade originals
- Special features like every song in the KI archives, every character trailer, and never-before-seen concept artwork
- An interactive universe map with stage location details
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes videos digging into the history, world, and design of this beloved franchise
All told, the Definitive Edition will run $40 when it hits stores on September 20. And if you happen to pick it up in-store, you'll also get an original soundtrack CD and an exclusive Gold Gargos character skin. For now, you can pre-order Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition from a number of retailers, including GameStop and Amazon.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.