Berlin, Germany – Microsoft has just announced the Microsoft Screen Sharing for Lumia Phones HD-10 accessory. The HD-10 is a new device that allows users to share content easily from their smartphone to any HDMI-connected screen. Presentations, photos, videos and more can easily be shared from your Windows Phone to your television with the HD-10.
The Screen Sharing HD-10 was designed for people who enjoy a lot of content on their phones. Be it photos, videos, music, streaming movies, games, and internet. With the HD-10, you get an easy way to put all that content onto a larger screen.
A simple tap is all it takes to content your Windows Phone to the HD-10 thanks to a removable NFC disc. Tap your NFC-enabled Windows Phone to begin easily mirroring everything on your phone to your big screen. Pass the NFC disc around to allow anyone to share their content. Any Lumia with screen projection capabilities and other Miracast products can use the HD-10.
Here's how you can use the HD-10 in various situations:
- Enjoy movies or TV series in full HD (1080p) on the big screen, played directly from Lumia smartphone or streamed from on-demand services, without any content restrictions.
- Internet browsing: Browse and enjoy websites, or try convenient online shopping on the big screen.
- Showcasing photos: Take stunning pictures with a Lumia phone, and then relive the memories on a large screen with friends and family.
- Office use: Perfect for presentations or group working sessions, it lets people project documents from apps and services like Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), OneNote, OneDrive and Lync.
- Games: Play with games on the big screen, and enjoy them in more detail.
The HD-10 is expected to be available later this month for $79 USD / €79. We hope to have hands-on with the Screen Sharing HD-10 later today.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.