Today marks the second weekly release for the new Microsoft Edge's Dev channel, and there are a whole lot of bug fixes to pick up. In addition to the bug fixes, however, today's release packs support for installing from Edge Insider channels on 32-bit Windows 10 devices and more natural voices for the "Read Aloud" feature.
Here's a look at all of what's new (opens in new tab):
- Microsoft Edge Insider Channels will now install to Windows 10 32-bit devices. Just visit www.microsoftedgeinsider.com from your device and follow the usual installation steps.
- The animated spinner that displays on the About page when checking for updates is no longer scaled improperly
- After importing favorites from Internet Explorer, the favorites bar folder will be properly named "Favorites bar" instead of "Links"
- A confirmation prompt will now appear when deleting multiple history items
- The "Show in folder" option will now work when a download is in the middle of virus scanning
- Fixed a crash on pressing CTRL+SHIFT+M in inPrivate mode
- Fixed a poorly rendered animation when viewing "See all cookies and site data" under site permissions
- Fixed a bug where Microsoft Account credentials were not inherited from Windows 10 until after the first launch
Today's update brings the Dev channel up to version 188.8.131.52. If you want to give the new Chromium-based browser a shot, you can download the Dev channel from the Edge Insider site. For a more frequent pace, you can also opt for the Canary Channel, which gets updates every day. Microsoft also plans to launch a beta channel in the future, which will receive updates every six weeks.
Cheap PC accessories we love
Take a gander at these awesome PC accessories, all of which will enhance your Windows experience.
Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub (opens in new tab) ($10 at Amazon)
Whether on a desktop or laptop PC, you always need more ports to connect things to. This hub gives you an additional four USB 3.0 Type A ports.
Ikea Fixa Cable Management System (opens in new tab) ($11 at Amazon)
This IKEA cable management kit is your ticket to a clean setup. It's simple and functional.
NZXT Puck (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
This clever little accessory has powerful magnets on the rear to make it stick to any of the metal panels on your PC case or anything else. It's great for hanging accessories like headsets.
Well, I hope the touchpad scrolling bug where the app keeps showing options menu and keeps zooming in randomly has been resolved now..But I won't try this browser until atleast beta build is released .
Have you filed a report?
Oh wait, you don't actually use it 🙄
Installed latest dev build : same bug. By now I've reported atleast 5 times on different canary and dev builds. My early impressions of new edge are very very bad. Now I think I should wait for stable build before trying again.
It has never happened to me. I would encourage you to report, but you don't even use it...
I also have not experienced this issue. I guess we'll just have to take the word of someone who has never actually seen this bug.
Is it me, or is there no way to add the Favorites Star to the top menu? All I see is the "add" to favorites star.
FWIIW: I've got the star. Works as expected.
Wooohooo works on my Samsung galaxy book2 with W10 on arm in S mode now
Oh nice, didn't even think of that.
You couldn't actually picture the new Edge beta icon in the header picture?
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.