What you need to know
- Microsoft recently released an update to Edge Dev that brings the browser to version 102.0.1227.0.
- The update adds a management policy option for enabling or disabling the Network Service Sandbox.
- The latest build of the browser also includes a list of changes, improvements, and fixes.
Microsoft Edge Dev just received an update that brings the browser to build 102.0.1227.0. The update includes just a single new feature. It also brings several fixes and improvements. The lone new feature adds a new management policy to control if the Network Service Sandbox is enabled.
Microsoft notes that disabling the Network Service Sandbox comes with an increased security risk.
Here are the new features and improvements in the latest update to Edge Dev:
- Added a management policy to control if the Network Service Sandbox is Enabled. Note that disabling the Network process sandbox is an increased security risk, and updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet.Improved reliability:
- Fixed a crash on startup.
- Fixed a crash on launch on Mac when certain pages are restored during startup.
- Fixed a crash when enabling Rewards.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with the address bar.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with popups.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a crash in WebView2 apps when their window position changes (Issue 1531).
You can read the complete list of fixes and changed behaviors in the changelog for build 102.0.1227.0.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.