What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev build 94.0.992.1 is now available for download.
- It is the last major build based on version 94 of Chromium.
- The update adds support for a download popup in PWAs and sites installed as apps.
Microsoft recently released Edge Dev build 94.0.992.1. It is the last major build of Edge Dev based on version 94 of Chromium, so apart from a few possible patches, Edge Dev is almost ready to jump to the next major version. The latest build includes a new feature for progressive web apps and new APIs that improve web browsing.
Here are all the added new features in the latest build of Edge Dev:
- Added support for the Downloads popup in PWAs and websites installed as apps.
- Added a setting to control if Microsoft Rewards points are shown on the browser's profile UI.
- Added the ability to open local HTML files on iOS.
- Added an API to WebView2 for launching the Browser Task Manager.
- Added an API to WebView2 to listen for browser exits.
- Added a management policy to control if the setting for Web RTC to Respect the OS Routing Table is Enabled.
- Note that updates to administrative templates or documentation may not be live yet.
- Re-added URL suggestions to error pages that result from mis-typed web addresses.
As this is the final build of Edge Dev based on version 94 of Chromium, version 94 is expected to arrive in the Beta channel soon.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.