Microsoft finally reveals what was in the recent Lumia 550 and 650 firmware updates
Microsoft has finally revealed just what was included in the recent firmware updates that were released for its Lumia 650 and Lumia 550 smartphones with Windows 10 Mobile.
While Microsoft issued the updates earlier this month for both phones, the only known feature was that "Double Tap to Wake" was enabled for the Lumia 650, but not on the Lumia 550. This week, the company updated its Lumia firmware history page (opens in new tab) (via Neowin) with more precise info, with the version number 01078.00042.16352.50xxx.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled for Lumia 650.
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
The change log is nearly identical to the one posted for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL firmware updates that were released earlier this summer.
- See Lumia 550 at the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
- See Lumia 650 at the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
L650 can't capture slo mo but can obviously play it. I've tried it like you said (sent from a L950XL). They got the changelog wrong there.
My L650 doesn't even have Slo-Mo capture !
They don't even post changelogs properly. Weird.