What you need to know
- Microsoft fixed some very specific bugs affecting SwiftKey on Android.
- One fix addresses a bug that affected swipe-to-delete gestures on certain devices.
- The other fix addresses a crashing issue related to device rotation.
Microsoft SwiftKey recently received an update to version 7.7.35. The update doesn't have a long list of changes, but the changes are very specific. The update address an issue affecting swipe-to-delete gestures on select Pixel 4 devices. It also addresses an issue that could cause the app to crash when you rotate your device.
Here's the complete changelog:
- We've fixed a bug that was affecting swipe-to-delete gestures on Pixel 4s devices.
- Translator will no longer crash if device is rotated when in use.
The changelog appears to have a typo in it, as there isn't a phone called the Pixel 4s. It likely refers to either Pixel 4 devices or Pixel 4a devices.
We don't usually see changelogs this specific, and it's a welcome change. Many app developers, including those for some of Microsoft's apps, have changelogs along the lines of "we're making this app better with lots of changes."
Microsoft continues to improve its keyboard app on Android. Last month, an update rolled out that fixed Clipboard issues and that improves the handwriting experience within the app. You can grab the latest updates for Microsoft SwiftKey through the Google Play Store now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.