Microsoft gearing up for Xbox One X launch events around the world
We're just two weeks out from the Xbox One X launch, and Microsoft is gearing up for launch events around the world.
Microsoft has revealed its launch plans for the Xbox One X, announcing how gamers around the world will be able to participate in release events for its latest console. Not only will there be the livestreams to check out, but Microsoft Stores and other retailers will be in on the launch as well.
The easiest way to tune in will be via the Xbox Mixer channel, where Microsoft will be offering a look at its launch activities. The stream will run for one hour on November 6 at 8:00 p.m. PT/11:00 p.m. ET until 9:00 p.m. PT/midnight ET when the Xbox One X launches in the U.S.
If you happen to live in the New York area, Microsoft is also hosting an event at its flagship Fifth Avenue store on November 6. You'll be able to pick up your preorder, place an order, or just grab some Xbox swag and enter a contest to win a Samsung QLED TV. If you're outside of New York, Microsoft says its store locations across the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Sydney will also host events on November 6. Other retail locations, including Best Buy, GameStop, and EB Games (Australia and New Zealand), will open up late for the launch as well.
Finally, gamers across Germany, France, and the UK will also have some special events to check out. Here's a look at what to expect:
- Germany: On November 6, fans in Germany will be able to attend a gaming event hosted by PietSmiet, LefLoid, Gronkh and Ninotaku on Berlin's largest 4K theater screen for 700 fans. The event will be also streamed on mixer.com/xbox.
- France: On November 6, fans are invited to tune into a seven-hour non-stop livestream on mixer.com/xbox hosted by one of France's top YouTubers in central Paris. More than 200 French fans and celebrities will gather to play new titles and celebrate the launch of Xbox One X, culminating in a midnight launch event at France's flagship store at the Champs Elysees.
- United Kingdom: Broadcasting live from the Xbox One X Loft in London on November 6, join us for the "Countdown to Xbox One X" on mixer.com/xboxuk and all Xbox UK channels for our extended livestream as we count down to launch with some of our favorite games.
Xbox One X is set to for launch on November 7 around the world. Microsoft's latest console packs a ton of extra horsepower over the base console in order to deliver 4K resolutions, enhanced visuals, and better framerates across a swath of games. The console is largely sold out at most retailers, but Microsoft is still taking preorders ahead of launch.
Will you be attending any launch events for the Xbox One X?
- Everywhere you can buy the Xbox One X
- Xbox One X Enhanced games list
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.