Microsoft Launcher Beta gets two updates in 24 hours
You can snag a couple of updates for Microsoft Launcher Beta.
What you need to know
- Microsoft Launcher Beta received two updates over the last 24 hours.
- The first update includes new features, while the second only includes bug fixes.
- The update may be limited to the Surface Duo of Microsoft Launcher.
Microsoft Launcher beta received two updates over the last two days. The first update brings the launcher to version 6.2.201201.93161 and includes several new features. The second update brings Microsoft Launcher beta to version 6.2.201202.93332 but only lists "bug fixes" in its changelog.
The first update appears to have rolled out late last night, and the following update appeared at some point today. It's worth noting that we spotted these changes on a Surface Duo, which occasionally has different changelogs for Microsoft Launcher than the general version of the app.
Here's everything that's new in the update that brings version 6.2.201201.93161:
- Work profile setup optimization via feed page
- Design improvement on app paddings in folder
- Bug fix on icon pack reset after app re-start
- Bug fix on swipe up gesture to trigger shortcuts page
- Fixed other known bugs and performance improvements
Being able to optimize work profile setup on the feed page is a welcome touch to people who use Microsoft Launcher with work accounts. The improvement to app padding within folders may make it less likely to tap the wrong part of your screen on accident.
You can learn more about all Microsoft's iOS and Android beta apps in our guide.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.