What you need to know
- Microsoft Launcher recently received an update that expands its feature list on the Surface Duo.
- The update also brings support for new features, such as keyword search in Office apps.
- The update is available now through the Google Play Store.
An update rolled out to Microsoft Launcher over the holidays. The update's changelog lists several improvements and new features for the Surface Duo, but several of the listed improvements already appeared in previous updates. There are some changes, such as improvements to spacing and icon consistency, that appear to be unique to this recent update. The update brings Microsoft Launcher to version 6.2.201102.92686 and is available now through the Google Play Store.
Here's the complete changelog, as found on the app's Google Play Store listing:
- Improvements on opening feed page in landscape and concurrent with another app on Surface Duo
- Support overview on single screen of Surface Duo
- Support screen time on Surface Duo
- Improvement on app group creation flow via context menu
- Multi-touch of app icon repositioning supported on home screen
- Support keyword search in Office apps
- Improvements on spacing and icons consistency in app drawer
- Fixed known bugs on app drawer, app icon size, folder swipe up gesture
Some of these features, such as screen time support for the Surface Duo, were already available, so there's a chance that a few items listed in the changelog aren't actually new to this update.
Microsoft Surface Duo
Two screens are better than one
Microsoft delves into the future of foldables with an ambitious dual-screen device, featuring two ultra-thin 5.6-inch AMOLED displays bound by a 360-degree hinge. This pocketable inking-enabled Android smartphone marks the latest in the Surface lineup, geared for mobile productivity.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.