Microsoft opens up video trailers and more Windows Store features to all developers
Microsoft is bringing a slew of handy new Windows Store tools and features to all developers.
During Build 2017 in May, Microsoft detailed some notable new Windows Store features to help developers better monetize and promote their apps. Today, Microsoft announced it has opened up these new features, which include things like video trailers and new tools for managing prices and sales, to all developer accounts.
Here's a quick rundown of all of what's new:
- More ways to promote your apps and drive user acquisition
- Create more engaging Store listings with video trailers
- Create and update Store listings faster using Import/Export
- More ways to manage schedules, prices and sales
- Set the precise date and time that your app should become available in the Store
- Control your price more precisely and schedule changes
- New sale pricing options with greater flexibility
- View all possible price tiers in Excel
- Debug your apps more effectively by using CAB files
- Use Dev Center through a modern and efficient dashboard experience
All of the new features look to add some nice quality-of-life improvements for developers. Particularly interesting are the video trailers, of which developers can add up to 15 to their store listings to show off different portions of their apps. If you're a Windows Store developer, you can check out more about these added features in Microsoft's full reveal or dive right in now.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.