Microsoft is in the final month of its free Windows 10 upgrade offer for Windows 7 and 8.1 users, and it plans to nag some of those owners with a full-screen update message before the offer ends on July 29.
The new upgrade message was first noted this week on a Microsoft support page (via ZDNet). If you see this message, and then click or tap on the "Remind me later" option, you will see it again after three days
Thankfully, there are a number of ways Windows 7 and 8.1 PC owners can avoid seeing this message, or only see it one time:
- You have a recent version of the "Get Windows 10" app installed.
- You have selected the Do not notify me again option.
- Your computer is detected to be incompatible with Windows 10.
- You have previously uninstalled Windows 10 after you upgrade.
- Your Windows 10 installation failed and rolled back.
- You have hidden the "Get Windows 10" app notifications.
- You have disabled the Windows 10 upgrade or you have disabled the offer screen through registry key settings.
Microsoft announced earlier this week that Windows 10 is currently running on over 350 million active devices.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
'Grounded' interview: What's next for Microsoft's little big adventure
Grounded from Obsidian Entertainment is one of Xbox Game Studios' biggest new IPs in recent years, and in November, it's about to get a large aquatic update. Here's our interview with Game Director Adam Brenneke, ahead of Grounded's Pond Update.
Review: Kensington's Orbit Fusion trackball mouse is a bit pricey at $70
Kensington makes some great trackball mice, and the Orbit Fusion is a new addition to its arsenal. We've been using it for a few weeks to see how it measures.
Review: Ghostrunner works well, but is held back by frustrating combat
Ghostrunner is a first-person platformer that shows a lot of promise, thanks to its excellent visuals, music, and parkour platforming. Unfortunately, the game stumbles thanks to its repetitive levels and clunky combat.
Best Online Fax Services 2020
If you need to do some faxing but you don't want to shell out the money for a fax machine of your own, online fax services are the way to go. Here are some of our favorites.