What you need to know
- Microsoft recently rolled out a handful of new features to Teams devices, including Walkie-Talkie support for Teams phones with touch screens.
- Teams conference phones that use portrait mode should now deliver a better meeting experience.
- Microsoft also rolled bug fixes and general improvements to Teams phones with its latest updates.
Microsoft just rolled out an update for Teams phones that brings devices to version 1449/126.96.36.1992020202. The update adds new features for several devices and improves the meeting experience for Teams phones with a portrait orientation. Teams phones with touch screens can now use Walkie-Talkie functionality. Handling calls, held calls, and parked calls should also be improved on Teams phones with touch screens.
Here's everything that's new for Teams devices:
- Teams phones with touch screen now have instant push-to-talk communication via our new Walkie-Talkie feature.
- Teams phones with touch screen improvements for multiple incoming, held calls, and parked calls.
- Teams conference phones in portrait mode updates for better meeting experience.
- Performance enhancements addressing screen navigation and sidecar issues.
- Bug fixes addressing Teams android devices showing as offline in Teams Admin Center.
- Bug fix to address held calls when placing the handset back in the cradle.
- Known issues with ongoing calls when Walkie-Talkie calls interrupt.
If you're looking to upgrade the Teams device that you or your organization uses, Microsoft recently launched a device trade-in program.
If you use Teams on a mobile device, desktop, or the web, make sure to catch up on everything that Microsoft rolled out for Teams in January 2022.
Microsoft Teams devices
Microsoft just rolled out an update for Teams devices. Teams phones with touch screens can now use the Walkie-Talkie feature in Teams and the meeting experience for devices with screens in portrait mode has been improved.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.