We're back with another exciting episode of the Windows Central Podcast, and on this week's episode, Dan and Zac discuss Microsoft killing off Windows WordPad, Microsoft Paint's new AI feature, how a cheap MacBook could hurt Microsoft, Microsoft remembering the Surface Duo exists, review the Windows 11 2023 Update, the Razer Blade 14 (2023) Mercury Edition, the Monoprice 35 Zero-G UW-QHD (38035) Gaming Monitor, and more!
- Windows 11 2023 Update Review - Windows Central
- Microsoft will add this powerful Paint feature for FREE - Windows Central
- Microsoft is killing the classic Windows WordPad app after almost 3 decades - Windows Central
- How a cheap MacBook could hurt Microsoft - Windows Central
- Razer Blade 14 (2023) Mercury Edition review - Windows Central
- Monoprice 35 Zero-G UW-QHD (38035) Gaming Monitor review - Windows Central
- Indeed: Hire better with Indeed. Visit indeed.com/wcp to start hiring now.
Find us elsewhere:
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via Spotify
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
- Watch the live stream video archive
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zac talked about the new backup & restore app. I just tried this with a new PC. I backed up my old PC, which told me it worked - although only partially for my apps, with no explanation as to why. When I did the Out of Box experience on my new PC, it recognized this backup and I selected it. However, it did not actually set up my apps, my Start menu or taskbar. So it does not seem to be consistent yet.Reply
@Daniel Rubino they way you talk about using WordPad is the way I and probably others use OneNote: a series of semi-formatted notes for saving and sometimes copying/pasting into other places.Reply