The free updates and add-ons provide players with new ways to continue the battle for Mordor and capture every epic moment. The content is as follows.
- Endless Siege – Defend your fortresses against Sauron's forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege. This mode will be available on November 21, 2017.
- Rebellion – Crush the rebel Ologs and Uruks in your forces as they seek to undermine the Bright Lord. This mode will also be available on November 21, 2017.
- Enhanced Photo Mode – Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update. Just like the previous two, this mode will launch on November 21, 2017.
- Online Fight Pits – Challenge another player's Orc follower, Overlord vs. Overlord, to a fight to the death in the arena to earn powerful rewards and upgrades. This is coming on December 5, 2017.
- Brutal Difficulty – A new higher difficulty level even more challenging than Nemesis with no last chances. The new difficulty setting is coming on December 12, 2017.
It's great to see substantial free content coming to Middle-earth: Shadow of War in the future. Hopefully modes like Endless Siege and Rebellion will be of the highest quality despite the fact that they're free.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. It's an open world action role-playing game that continues the original narrative of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Players forge a new Ring of Power and take on the Dark Lord Sauron in Mordor.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is now available for Xbox One, Windows PC and PlayStation 4. The title supports Xbox Play Anywhere so if you buy it on Xbox One you automatically get the Windows 10 version. The title also features native 4K resolution on Xbox One X.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.