What you need to know
- On Tuesday, Mojang Studios began releasing Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 to testers on Windows, Xbox, and Android devices.
- The new beta release includes a sizeable number of fixes and tweaks for 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two, and one for 'The Wild Update' experimental features.
- A humorous bug in the last beta allowed frogs from 'The Wild Update' to eat goats whole, an issue that has been resolved in the new beta.
- Players can download Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 right now and begin testing the fixes.
The first Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta of 2022 included lots of additions and alterations on top of plenty of new features hailing from The Wild Update releasing later this year. On Tuesday, Mojang Studios released the successor to that beta, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199, with a fresh batch of fixes, including one big change for The Wild Update's adorable frogs.
One of the stranger issues introduced in the previous beta was the realization that frogs, included as an experimental feature for those who wish to experience The Wild Update even earlier, possessed the erroneous ability to devour goats whole. This humorous glitch has, of course, been patched in the new beta, although some players may be saddened that their frogs will no longer crave entire goats. This fix is included in addition to the decent handful of bug fixes and resolutions targeting 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two released in late 2021.
Minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made, and holds on to its title as one of the best Xbox games by continually evolving with new features and content. In case you missed it, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.2 was recently released as a patch update with a variety of fixes and improvements for the game.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 includes:
The Wild Update experimental features
- Frogs no longer eat Goats!
Features & bug fixes
- Cocoa Pods placed on chunk borders don't break anymore upon reloading the World
- Structure Block structures now correctly transform (rotate and / or mirror) multiface blocks (like Glow Lichen)
- Fixed Observer block retaining its lit state while in the inventory if destroyed while blinking
- Fixed a bug where Paintings could overlap with Glow Item Frames, Signs, Banners, and Torches
- Pillager Outposts now spawn the correct number of Pillagers and Golems
- Boats will no longer disappear when getting out of them after a long ride
- Boat oars now have the same color as the Boat
- Untamed Cats can now be leashed
- Guardians and Elder Guardians no longer sink while targeting an enemy or the player
- The Construction tab on the inventory screen now has the correct color when using Pocket UI
- Fixed an issue with missing Inventory slots when using Pocket UI
- Fixed an issue with blank inventory slots in the creative inventory, which could cause interaction issues in the world
- Chests and Monster Spawners now spawn correctly in structures
Stability & performance
- Reduced memory and load times for ticking areas
- Added function
setVelocity(velocity: Vector): bool— Sets the velocity of this entity
- Added property
viewVector: Vector— Represents the direction that the entity is looking, as a vector
- Added property
headLocation: Location— Represents the location of the head of the entity
- Added property
bodyRotation: number— Represents the body rotation of the entity as a float (in degrees)
- Fixed a bug where animation events, sound effect events, and particle events would not trigger if the event time specified was equal to the total
- Fixed an issue where event times were not considered within the animation length calculation that happens when
animation_lengthis not explicitly specified
- Fixed an issue that caused
format_versionsthat are declared as numerical values rather than strings to be parsed properly
- When creating a flat world from a template that has a base game version from before the Caves and Cliffs update, the layers will no longer be 64 blocks in the air
query.anyto check if a value matches all or any of the following values
in_rangeto check if a value is in the (inclusive) range between a min and max value
query.in_rangeto check if a value is in the (inclusive) range between a min and max value
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.