What you need to know
- It wasn't that long ago that Minecraft players got the 1.18.1 patch update, but Mojang Studios is already releasing another.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.2 is now rolling out with fixes for the 'Caves and Cliffs Update' on all platforms.
- The update is minor, including only a handful of improvements for PlayStation, world generation, and more.
- In case you missed it, Minecraft: Java Edition got the 1.18.1 patch update with a fix for a security vulnerability.
The first patch update for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and the Caves and Cliffs Update wasn't that long ago, but Mojang Studios is already moving to what's next. After a period of testing and betas, a new patch update is now rolling out for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition players on all platforms, including Windows.
Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.2 is a patch update that includes a handful of fixes and little else, with headling improvements including a fix for a save issue on PlayStation, a tweak to world generation to ensure Deepslate generates as expected, and more. The platform's second patch update follows 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two, which added a ton of new features and changes to Mojang's world-famous survival sandbox title.
Minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made, and holds on to its title as one of the best Xbox games by continually evolving with new features and content. The Wild Update, releasing sometime during 2022, will update Minecraft's Overworld with new mobs, blocks, and more.
In case you missed it, here are all the changes and additions in 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two. The Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18.1 update was just released as well, which includes an important patch for a security vulnerability alongside the usual fixes.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.2 patch update includes:
- Fixed an issue that affected some large world saves on PlayStation, resulting in corrupted textures and loss of data, in some cases
- Interacting with certain containers will once again properly open the inventory screen
- Fixed issue where breaking blocks, opening chests, and entering portals would be delayed / not work when there are lots of mobs nearby
- Fixed some worlds not correctly replacing Bedrock blocks with Deepslate blocks after upgrading to 1.18
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.