What you need to know
- The Nether Update is the latest major release for Minecraft.
- It's been very stable overall, but is still plagued with a few known issues and bugs.
- Today, Mojang Studios is releasing a new hotfix for the Nether Update on the Bedrock Edition.
- This hotfix addresses several of the known issues reported by the community.
Just because the Nether Update is fully released doesn't mean Mojang Studios is done adding to and tweaking it. Just last week they added a brand-new mob in the beta! Today, Mojang Studios is releasing a quick hotfix to everyone that resolves some common issues players have been running into since release.
1.16.1 resolves the following problems:
- Fixed several issues with Netherite items being lost in fire or lava
- Recipe Select button prompt shows when hovering over a non-craftable recipe book item using controller
- Recipe selected items put in the crafting input grid can now be hovered over with the controller to see their tooltip names
- Fixed a crash that could occur when playing an emote and suspending the game
- Fixed a crash that occurred on PlayStation 4 due to other players using custom skins
- Emotes can no longer be equipped before unlocking them
- Custom skins once again work properly on multiplayer
If you're interested, you can check the full changelog here. This update is only releasing to the Windows 10 platform at the moment, but will be gradually rolling out to other platforms at an unspecified time. It's good that Mojang Studios is still remaining dilligent in fixing the Nether Update, as some of these issues were causing problems for lots of players. According to Mojang Studios, another hotfix is already in the works as well.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.