What you need to know
- Minecraft Earth is an AR game that combines exploration and building mechanics.
- If you're in New York City, London, or Sydney, you'll be able to attend pop-up events.
- Doing so will unlock the Jolly Llama early.
- The game is available for free on the Apple App (opens in new tab) and the Google Play (opens in new tab) stores.
Recently, Minecraft Earth Early Access went live in the United Kingdom and the United States. The download is a free-to-play game blends augmented reality (AR) with a new version of Minecraft built on the Bedrock Engine. The goal is to build structures and explore a superimposed Minecraft world wherever you are.
At X019, Microsoft's celebration of everything gaming, the company revealed the "Mobs at the Park" event. If you're in New York City, London, or Sydney, you'll be excited to know that life-sized statues of interactive mobs will be popping up starting November 16.
The press release Windows Central received added that the statues are life-sized creations of the Muddy Pig, Moobloom, and the Jolly Llama feature a scannable QR code to play an exclusive new adventure built by the Minecraft Earth team. Once players complete the adventure, they'll receive exclusive access to the Jolly Llama in-game before it's globally available in December.
The life-sized statues can be found in the following locations.
- Hudson Yards in New York City from November 16 to 17, November 23 to 24, and November 30 to December 1.
- The Queens Walk in London from November 16 to 17, November 23 to 24, and November 30 to December 1.
- Campbell's Cove in Sydney from November 16 to 17, November 23 to 24, and November 30 to December 1.
- There will also be a special appearance of the statues at Hudson Yards in New York City on Black Friday, November 29.
Keep in mind that the pop-ups will only be available from 10 AM to 7 PM. Don't run out there in the middle of the night expecting to spend some quality time with the adorable creatures on your own.
Block By Block
Minecraft becomes a reality with AR.
Minecraft Earth takes virtual building, exploration, and discoveries to the next level. Microsoft's upcoming augmented reality flavor of the hit blockbuster brings Minecraft into the real world, rivaling successes of Pokemon GO.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.