What you need to know
- Minecraft Earth is an AR mobile game similar to Pokemon Go available on mobile devices.
- The game is getting a big update that brings a ton of new changes.
- Changes include new UI for different features and making the game physically smaller.
- The Early Access of the app is available for free in the App Store and Google Play Store.
Minecraft Earth has had its fair share of criticism since its Early Access debut, particularly regarding its aggressive monetization features, but that hasn't stopped Mojang from releasing constant updates that bring further changes to the AR mobile game.
None of the changes in Tuesday's update fix the aforementioned issues, unfortunately, but a ton of other tweaks and fixes are on board in Minecraft Earth's R11 update. This includes making the game smaller and a new UI for Adventures, which includes a new timer feature.
You can see some of the highlights below:
- The game is now smaller in size and is more reliable.
- The Mob of Me screen has an "Exit" button and clearer indicators.
- Bright mode now has a better color profile for nicer viewing.
- The crafting and smelting screens have a new, updated UI.
- Adventures also have a new UI, with a timer to let you know how much time is left.
- Trees now spawn apples like expected.
- A ton of bug fixes and enhancements.
For a more in-depth view of the new features you can check out Mojang's blog post detailing the new R11 update.
Minecraft Earth has shown a ton of initial promise with its fresh mechanics and the thought of bringing Minecraft into the real world. However, a slow rollout as well as some frustrating practices have detracted from the experience a little bit. Hopefully Mojang can continue to improve Minecraft Earth and make it the best product it can be when it does fully release to the world.
Block By Block
Minecraft becomes a reality with AR.
Minecraft Earth takes virtual building, exploration, and discoveries to the next level. Microsoft's upcoming augmented reality flavor of the hit blockbuster brings Minecraft into the real world, rivaling successes of Pokemon GO.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Microsoft's cloud will power CES 2021
CES is going all-digital next year, and it's tapping Microsoft to power the experience. Microsoft and CTA announced today that Microsoft services like Teams, Azure, and Power Platform will all be used to put together next year's show.
Xbox Smart Delivery Games List
The full list of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S titles committed to Smart Delivery support, and other free visual upgrade offers headed into next-generation consoles.
Xbox game store pages are still a nightmare for non-English speaking users
Microsoft's push for global gaming is still set back by this basic feature disparity.
Replace your Xbox Bluray player with these 4K UHD Bluray Players
While the specs and price of the Xbox Series S make it tempting, what can you do with all your 4K UHD Blurays? Buy a player, that's what.