Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft officially begin their limited time spooky season events
Each game is celebrating this terrifying time in its own ways.
Update, Oct. 13, 2021 (12:30 p.m. CT): Minecraft Dungeons' Spookier Fall event has started, with a corresponding free item from the Minecraft Marketplace
What you need to know
- As we enter Oct. 2021, the year's spooky season is officially upon us, and many games don't want to be left out.
- Both Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons have announced their respective Halloween celebrations, known as Spookyfest and Spookier Fall.
- Spookyfest adds two new Minecraft Dungeons-inspired Character Creator items to the Marketplace, and a new free skin pack.
- Spookier Fall will offer unique rewards and challenges in Minecraft Dungeons, and goes until Nov. 2, 2021.
October is already upon us, and for many that means the beginning of exciting and sometimes-macabre celebrations of spooky season. Mojang Studios isn't one to be left out, and is once again joining the festivities with two limited-time Minecraft events. Minecraft is gaining "Spookyfest," while Minecraft Dungeons celebrates with "Spookier Fall," a continuation of last year's Minecraft Dungeons Halloween event.
Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons both are some of the best Xbox games out there, so it makes plenty of sense that both should participate in a beloved holiday. We wouldn't be surprised if some spooky toys and gifts for both games started popping up, but for now we'll have to be content with their Halloween events.
Here's what you should know about the Spookfest and Spookier Fall events.
Minecraft's Spookyfest revolves around the Minecraft Marketplace, of course, with new limited-edition items being added to the storefront throughout the month of October. This does mean that Minecraft Spookyfest really only applies to Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, and not the legacy PC version, Java Edition. Here's what you need to know about Spookyfest.
- On Oct. 13, a Minecraft Dungeons-inspired Character Creator item based on the Jack-O-Lantern, called Spooky Gourdian, will be added to the Marketplace, and will be free until Nov. 2
- On Oct. 19 a Minecraft Dungeons-inspired Character Creator item based on the Cauldron will be added to the Marketplace, but will be a premium paid item
- On Oct. 26, the Halloween Friends skin pack will be added to the Marketplace, and will be free until Nov. 2
- If you purchase certain Minecraft items from certain websites, you can get a code for the Minecraft Crafty Costumes skin pack
Minecraft Dungeons' Spookie Fall event is officially kicking off as of Oct. 13, 2021, and will last until Nov. 2. During the event, players will be able to tackle scary seasonal trials to earn exclusive rewards like the Cackling Broom, the Phantom Bow, and the Spooky Gourdian armor set. Players will have to keep their wits about them to come out on top, but can deck their character out with the limited time gear aftwerwards.
There will also be some Minecraft Character Creator items modeled after the Minecraft Dungeons Spookier Fall rewards, starting with the Spooky Gourdian that's now available.
Update, Oct. 13, 2021 (12:30 p.m. CT) — Spookier Fall officially begins in Minecraft Dungeons with exclusive rewards
As Spookier Fall begins in Minecraft Dungeons, we finally learn what the horrifying event is all about. During the Spookier Fall event, players will be able to take on a variety of seasonal challenges and trials, for a chance at some sick loot and rewards. Players will have until Nov. 2 to see everything that Spookier Fall has to offer in Minecraft Dungeons.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
Everything Dungeons and more.
Minecraft Dungeons has released a ridiculous amount of content since its launch, and now players can gain access to it all in one fell swoop with Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition, a value-driven bundle that includes the base game, all six DLC expansions released so far, and the Hero Pass DLC. If you already own Minecraft Dungeons, you can also get the Ultimate Edition add-on for all the DLC.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.