Microsoft pushed a small update to its Mixer mobile apps this week, bringing event notifications and a preview of what's coming to the apps in the future.
With the new event notifications, you can set up your profile to get notifications about upcoming events on the Mixer platform, as well as limited-time events for games. Additionally, Mixer is set to receive a new setting to adjust your audio quality settings in the near future (via OnMSFT). Here's a look at the release notes:
- Notifications for Events and more!
- Signed in users may start getting relevant notifications around events on Mixer, or limited timed events for games.
- You can customize this any time by going to Profile>Settings Gear>Notifications
- Coming soon: Auto quality selection on videos!
- We'll be kicking off tests presenting auto quality selection on videos starting with this update. Over time we will roll this out to more users.
This update also comes with its fair share of bug fixes, smoothing out some of the hiccups that you may have encountered in the apps before.
The update for iOS began rolling out on May 6, while the Android update began its rollout on May 2. On either platform, you can check out event notifications by grabbing the latest version of Mixer from the App Store or Google Play.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
meanwhile still no UWP ... thanks nu tel la
If you're on your PC anyway does it even matter that much.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.