Microsoft rolls out updates for MixRadio, Display and Network+
Microsoft has today released a bunch of updates covering three apps on the Windows Phone Store – two being Lumia system apps affecting how the Windows Phones operate. The MixRadio music service by Microsoft is joined by Display and Network+.
Microsoft has rolled out another update for its MixRadio service on Windows Phone, but unfortunately the change log is an old one and we're not entirely sure what's new. Version 18.104.22.1688 is only a minor bump since recent updates, the last major one removing 'Nokia' branding. Let us know if you notice anything new in this latest release that we've somehow missed.
Next up is Display, which has also received a minor bump with unknown changes to boot. All we know is recent releases prepared the system app for the Lumia Cyan firmware upgrade, so this update could be fixes post-upgrading to Cyan or to cover something else. Check out version 22.214.171.124 on the store.
Just like Display and MixRadio, Microsoft has failed to provide a log of changes for Network+ on Lumia hardware. The changelog present on the store covers 2.1. Today, version 2.3 was released to the store with unknown improvements and/or changes. Again, be sure to hit us up in the comments should you notice anything we've somehow overlooked.
Thanks to everyone who tipped us!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
They were also already tipped this by a bunch of people, I imagine it wouldn't ever stop until they posted an article. The plus is that if enough people notice a change from the comments, they could update the article with reports from users
I can't use the bright themes (such as the new bright green), because text is unreadable on tiles with that colour....
- Support for dual SIM
- Smart dual SIM feature
Please can you include Nigeria to the list of supported countries for MixRadio? Sincerely,
A music lover from Nigeria. Every damn music services out there (Spotify, Pandora even Xbox Music!!) not supported in here.
Here is a way to use Nokia MixRadio (MixRadio now) outside of supported countries like New Zealand e.t.c
Things you need - Windows Phone.
• Change your region to US by going to your Windows Phone Settings.
• Go to, App List > Settings > Region > US > Restart your phone.
• After Restarting, go to Marketplace and download MixRadio.
• Now open Internet Explorer & create a new Nokia Mail account from here.
• Open the link and then 'tap' Create a New Account.
• Now type in your email address, Date of birth, Password and all the necessary stuff.
• Now the most important step Change the region to UNITED STATES (This is very important).
• Now hit enter, you'll get a confirmation email on your email ID that you gave earlier to create Nokia Mail account, confirm your account.
• After that set a Username & Password for your Nokia Mail.
• Congrats now you have your own Nokia Mail ID.
• Go setup your Nokia Mail account on your Windows Phone by going to Settings > email+Accounts > New Account > Nokia Mail/Nokia Account > Enter your user name and password > Save OR just write your Password & Username somewhere.
• Now open MixRadio, and untick the 'Use My Location Option' and after that tap continue.
• Now you'll see it saying 'Finding your music ID'.
• Now it will give you an error that 'Sorry MixRadio is not avalaible in your country'. Don't sweat it it's normal (Although if you have setup Nokia Mail account on your Windows Phone, you probably won't need to do it, as it will log-in automatically. But if you do see the error just follow the rest of the steps).
• Now open settings by tapping the ellipse '...' in lower right corner of MixRadio app.
• Now tap Settings > Account > Sign in.
• Now enter your Nokia Mail & Password e.g firstname.lastname@example.org (always enter '@ovi.com' after username). Now tap 'login' and wait until you successfully connects your Nokia Mail Account to your MixRadio app.
• Now Restart the app, and if you've done everything correctly you'll be able to use it in countries where it is un-supported. ;)
• To get transparent tile for MixRadio, download an app called 'Transparency Tiles'.
• MixRadio is a free service, but you can buy Nokia MixRadio+ for 3.99$ to get access to High-Quality streaming, Playlist Downloading and infinite Skips.
• To get MixRadio+ you need MixRadio vouchers. You can buy them at Nokia customer care centers.
...if they say "Bugs fixed", then they have to acknowledge that there were problems to begin with