What you need to know
- Players in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne are discovering a new monster called Safi'jiiva.
- Safi'jiiva is extremely powerful and cannot currently be killed.
- This monster will most likely be fleshed out in another update.
- You can grab Monster Hunter World: Iceborne for $40 from the Microsoft Store.
Update: Oct. 16, 2019: Capcom has released a new developer diary showing off the Safi'jiiva and talking about what players can expect from this new monster.
Capcom has been providing steady updates for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, including a recent patch that added the Stygian Zinogre. Since this update, players are now discovering a new creature called Safi'jiiva. Capcom has released a developer diary talking about this monster in-depth.
Here are some of the highlights:
- This is the adult form of Xeno'jiiva
- A Siege quest is coming on December 13 to let players kill the beast
- The monster will heal itself with energy drawn in during the battle
- Killing it will grant materials for a very special armor set
- Players will also unlock Awakened weapons
- Awakened weapons have the same stats but can obtain up to five unique skills
- This Siege will be available through January 5
Original speculation below
Unfortunately, even if you manage to stay alive, that'll all you'll be able to do against it. Right now, it isn't possible to kill the Safi'jiiva, as it simply flies away after taking a certain amount of damage. Last month, the Monster Hunter Twitter account released a cryptic image hinting at the inclusion of this new monster.
The name implies a connection to the Xeno'jiiva, the final boss of the base game in Monster Hunter: World. An Elder Dragon found in the Confluence of Fates, Xeno'jiiva is alien in appearance and absorbed energy in order to become extremely powerful. It's possible that this Safi'jiiva is related, or is another part of the life cycle of the Xeno'jiiva. We'll be sure to provide updates as we learn more, or if Capcom releases a developer diary addressing this new beast at any point.
Hunt in Hoarfrost Reach
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is an upcoming expansion to Capcom's most successful game of all time, Monster Hunter World. Take the fight to Hoarfrost Reach and battle all-new beasties, returning threats, and grind all-new gear.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Microsoft shares details of a security breach of customer support database
Microsoft disclosed the details surrounding a security breach from last December. The breach involves roughly 250 million entries from an internal customer support database.
Project xCloud on the NVIDIA Shield is almost like playing a regular Xbox
The only Android TV box really worth buying is already part games console, and xCloud takes that even further. Sideload at your own risk, but this is a lot of fun.
You can now manually check for the Windows 10 November 2019 Update
If you're running a recent version of Windows 10, you can now manually check for the Windows 10 November 2019 Update.
Rated 'T' for teen: Here are the best teen-rated Xbox One games
Need Xbox gift ideas for a teenaged loved one that doesn't include the non-gift-wrappable, free-to-play Fortnite? Consider some of these!