What you need to know
- Players in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne are discovering a new monster called Safi'jiiva.
- Safi'jiiva is extremely powerful and cannot currently be killed.
- This monster will most likely be fleshed out in another update.
- You can grab Monster Hunter World: Iceborne for $40 from the Microsoft Store.
Update: Oct. 16, 2019: Capcom has released a new developer diary showing off the Safi'jiiva and talking about what players can expect from this new monster.
Capcom has been providing steady updates for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, including a recent patch that added the Stygian Zinogre. Since this update, players are now discovering a new creature called Safi'jiiva. Capcom has released a developer diary talking about this monster in-depth.
Here are some of the highlights:
- This is the adult form of Xeno'jiiva
- A Siege quest is coming on December 13 to let players kill the beast
- The monster will heal itself with energy drawn in during the battle
- Killing it will grant materials for a very special armor set
- Players will also unlock Awakened weapons
- Awakened weapons have the same stats but can obtain up to five unique skills
- This Siege will be available through January 5
Original speculation below
Unfortunately, even if you manage to stay alive, that'll all you'll be able to do against it. Right now, it isn't possible to kill the Safi'jiiva, as it simply flies away after taking a certain amount of damage. Last month, the Monster Hunter Twitter account released a cryptic image hinting at the inclusion of this new monster.
The name implies a connection to the Xeno'jiiva, the final boss of the base game in Monster Hunter: World. An Elder Dragon found in the Confluence of Fates, Xeno'jiiva is alien in appearance and absorbed energy in order to become extremely powerful. It's possible that this Safi'jiiva is related, or is another part of the life cycle of the Xeno'jiiva. We'll be sure to provide updates as we learn more, or if Capcom releases a developer diary addressing this new beast at any point.
Hunt in Hoarfrost Reach
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is an upcoming expansion to Capcom's most successful game of all time, Monster Hunter World. Take the fight to Hoarfrost Reach and battle all-new beasties, returning threats, and grind all-new gear.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
RLCraft turns Minecraft into a brutal survival game — and I'm addicted
Minecraft's Java Edition is home to many amazing mods and modpacks. RLCraft, a modpack organized by YouTuber Shivaxi, completely overhauls vanilla Minecraft and turns it into a brutally difficult, yet incredibly deep and nuanced survival experience.
Here are some new games you might see at the July 23rd Xbox Games Showcase
Fans have all eyes on Microsoft and their upcoming July 23rd Xbox Games Showcase event. Here are some of the major reveals we're expecting to see at the event.
Dell XPS 17 (9700) first impressions: Simply magnificent
The new XPS 17 (9700) review unit arrived, and we have some early thoughts (spoiler: we think it's incredible). Here are some photos of Dell's new flagship and how it compares to the Surface Book 3.
Best Xbox Game Pass games you haven't played yet
Have an Xbox Game Pass subscription on Xbox One or PC? These are the must-play games you might've missed so far.