It certainly has been a busy few days for "official" apps. You know, the ones from big names stores, media companies, services, etc that have come to define modern commerce. Yesterday we saw Best Buy and Amazon.com Fresh (a WP7 exclusive) and in addition there were more that we missed:
- Dictionary.com - "The FREE Dictionary.com app delivers trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, including over 2,000,000 words. It also features audio pronunciation and updated daily content." Grab it here in the Marketplace.
- Eventful - "Do you love music and seeing it performed live? Eventful helps you easily find shows happening around you in a clean, intuitive interface native to Windows Phone. At your fingertips you'll have access to millions of events, schedules for all of the venues near you, and tour dates for over 130,000 performers." Get it here in the Marketplace.
- GoWalla - "Gowalla is a social travel guide that makes it easy to keep up with friends, share photos, highlight your favorite places and discover the world around you. It's like totally available EVERYWHERE, so you'll be able to record and share your adventures no matter where you go." You can grab it here in the Marketplace.
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus Calculator - "Shopping for food or eating out? Use this calculator to easily and quickly work out the PointsPlusTM values of any food or activity when you’re on the go. It’s available exclusively to Weight Watchers Online and eTools subscribers for FREE – just enter your Online or eTools username and password to log in and start using the calculator." That's found here in the Marketplace.
- Betty Crocker Cookbook - "What's for dinner? Ask Betty using the mobile version of the world-famous Betty Crocker cookbook!" The app is developed by Chaotic Moon Studios. Get your cookin 'on here in the Marketplace.
- Epicurious - "Recipes from the award-winning food site. Epicurious.com are now available on your mobile device. Search more than 30,000 delicious recipes..." Grab those recipes right here in the Marketplace.
Personally, we're excited about Eventful--that app is pretty awesome (though a bit overwhelming in Manhattan!). Combined with Angry Birds, Kik Messenger, AllRecipes.com and the Colber Report's The Word and we sure have a packed house. And it's only Wednesday. (Thanks, @MajorCrash, Shane S., & Larry B., for the heads up!)
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
Yet the haters will still claim that this doesn't matter and crapdroid still has 250,000 apps. I for one am happy about the addition, bring it on!
Will have to grab that Dictionary.com app.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.