After releasing a public beta earlier this year, Ryken Studio has now updated the popular third-party YouTube app myTube so it now supports Windows 10 on both PC and smartphones.
Here's a look at the app's features that are available for both Windows 10 PC and Mobile users:
- Updated design for Windows 10
- Playlist shuffling
- Subscribe to channels directly from the video details
- Subscribing now takes place much faster
- "Subscribed to" list now makes better use of space on large screened devices
- Select multiple videos in a list, and play them as a playlist
- Sort comments by relevance or by date
- New channel page layout allows you view uploads and playlists more quickly
- Volume control (desktops)
- Use Alt + Enter to enter full screen mode (desktops)
- Inline video playback on PCs for a more desktop friendly experience (desktops, optional)
- Fixes issue with subscription videos feed
- Other fixes and improvements
In addition, Windows 10 PC users will get the following additional features:
- DLNA Casting
- Search and watch with Cortana integration
- Copy video links easily
- Add videos to watch later list directly from uploads notifications
- New live tile design
- More battery efficient and reliable live tile background task
- Fixes issue where video thumbnails disappeared after refreshing a list
Here are some more details from Ryken Studio on myTube's casting feature on Windows 10:
The developer also offered us some more information on the myTube update:
Let us know what you think of myTube for Windows 10 in the comments!
Thanks to Dương and JAC for the tips!
Download myTube from the Windows Store (99 cents with free trial)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.