A new beta for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition includes a massive list of fixes for 'the Nether Update'
A list of fixes far too long to read.
What you need to know
- Mojang Studios is ramping up development of the Nether Update.
- They're focusing on polish, meaning a maelstrom of fixes and optimizations.
- The newest beta for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is no different.
- It's available now, and should fix a lot and bring the game closer to the Java Edition.
We're back again with another beta for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, which continues Mojang Studios' recent habit of releasing snapshots and betas simultaneously. The new beta follows the teachings of prior releases by focusing almost exclusively on fixes for the Nether Update. The changelog for this beta is long enough that it's tiring to look at, which is a good sign.
The most notable fixes in this beta include:
- Crashes are now less likely to occur during gameplay.
- New loading screens to reflect Mojang Studios' recent rebranding.
- Improved reliability of player characters and custom creations.
- Tweaks to textures of multiple blocks, as well as graphical fixes.
- Changes to how biomes load in the Nether, making it closer to the Java Edition.
- An absurd number of bug fixes and improvements.
If you're interested in the full changelog, you can find that here. Otherwise, you can check out how to enroll in the Minecraft beta program and enjoy a much smoother, more stable experience.
With all the work Mojang Studios has been doing to make Minecraft more enjoyable to play, one can only surmise that the Nether Update can't be too far from a public release. We'll keep an eye out for any information, and keep you posted!
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is a veritable, inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.