Sea of Thieves usually receives weekly updates and another one just landed on Xbox One and PC. According to Rare, Patch 1.1.7 brings bug fixes and performance improvements, along with extended lore around the story of Merrick.
You may remember Merrick from "The Hungering Deep" adventure. Well, there's more to him than meets the eye. You can read about the major changes and tweaks below in the 700 MB download.
- More of Merrick's lore books can now be found.
- When raising a ship's flag, the accompanying pennants will no longer be equipped. Pennant flags are returning to Sea of Thieves soon, with an improved purpose.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Correct animation now appears when repairing holes in a ship.
- "Athena's Fortune" quests are no longer incorrectly blank.
- The Hungering Deep rewards weren't received by a number of players.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Some players may continue to hear muffled sound after being fired from a cannon.
It's great to see Rare aggressively supporting this game. Hopefully it'll get even more content in the future which brings players back.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.