A new Xbox One update is around the corner for those enrolled in the Alpha ring of the Xbox Insider Program. As with other recent builds, today's update includes no new features – instead, focusing on smaller fixes.
With the public release of the "Creator's Update" closing in fast, this build appears to concentrate solely on small tweaks to the existing experience. This includes various performance fixes and changes to localized text and content.
Today's update will be available a little earlier than usual, with a release of 2 PM PT/5 PM ET. For those who use the Xbox One's Instant On mode, the update will begin automatically downloading to your console. If you choose to manually install the build, navigate to All Settings > System > Console Info & Updates and check for an update.
Here's a look at the full changelog for today's Alpha ring update.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170317-1902
Available: 2:00PM PDT 3/19 (9:00PM GMT 19/3)
- Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.
Misc Performance Fixes
- Various performance fixes
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest information from the Xbox Insider Program.
More: Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program
It's rainin' builds!
LOL yeah! But at least this one should fix the corrupt text I keep seeing.
Corrupt text just shows which elements have been updated, it's a feature, not a bug.
ring 4 here...
And looks like Hulu issue is resolved
My Xbox One its running build 15061 and my pc has been trying to download the same build since came out xD
So, ummm...when will we actually see a complete update? Xbox hasn't had an update since last year. Last I heard we were supposed to get Bitstream in January. Still waiting...
So will the creators update for Xbox One feature a better "gamemode" like the windows 10 version. Will we see a better performing xbox one after this update?
Will it only be applied to new games via dev kits? or might we see small benefits from older games?
Game mode is what Xbox One has been running for three years. There is no magical boost for consoles. Game mode is making PCs run like consoles.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.