Another new Xbox Insider preview build is headed out to Beta and some Ring 3 members tonight. This build is the same that went out to Alpha members just yesterday, and, like other recent builds, only includes a couple of small bug fixes of note.
Microsoft is currently only rolling out new builds to a subset of Ring 3 members, so don't be surprised if you're on Ring 3 and this build isn't available for you. That said, for those who are in line for the update, it should be available to download starting at 6 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET.
Here's a look at all of the changes found in this build:
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170317-1902 Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/20 (1:00AM GMT 21/3)
- Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.
Misc Performance Fixes
- Various performance fixes
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Replace the pic please... This is not for creator update....Tired seeing this old screenshot...
The lags terrible
Preview ring 3 here. Still waiting on my first update. I don't know why I got pushed to near the back of line. I have been an insider since the beginning on xbox, and pc. I even did all those dumb quests.
Same here, kinda taking it personally at this stage 😒
I was pretty critical in my feedback on the last big update regarding how slow everything got. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Ha ha me too, we must have pissed someone of enough to get relegated to the bottom of the pile.
I've been an insider for 2 years, I'm in ring 3 also and have had 3 updates in the last week. Level 6 with 265xp. What level and xp do you have?
190, but there i don't know what else is left to do. I've done all the quests and surveys available.
I think this is the update that failed on my Xbox One. Only option was to do a factory reset (keeping apps and games). Kind of annoying, but you don't really lose anything doing a factory reset. It deletes all your movies and tv shows from the hard drive I noticed(?), but I can always copy those back over from my PC.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.